MGL Cable Services
MGL Cable Services provide a range of services that can be delivered as a single service or combined to meet the client’s requirements. These services, delivered both onshore and offshore include:
- Project Management – Delivered by accredited and experienced project managers for projects such as Offshore Termination & Testing or High Voltage cable repair projects. Producing plans on MS Project and Primavera.
- Specialist Consultancy – MGL Cable Services provide short term or intermittent specialist knowledge.
- QA Representatives / Client Witnessing – Using our expertise to provide clients with assurance that skilled personnel are monitoring their product, for example a cable FAT Test to EN 60794 Standard, Offshore Termination & Testing Scope or other activity.
- High Voltage Cable Jointing / Termination – 11kV to 400kV time served EHV jointers, experienced in various joint methods including taped, cold shrink, heat shrink and resin filled from manufacturers such as TE, 3M, Prysmian, Euromould, NKT, Pfisterer and cable types such as XLPE, EPR & PILC.
- High Voltage Cable Testing – Test engineers using our own test equipment such as Insulation Resistance, Conductor Resistance, DLOR, TDR, HV Bridge, Sheath testing and VLF. Tan Delta Testing and Partial Discharge Monitoring is organised through an approved subcontractor.
- Reactive High Voltage Testing Teams – Teams able to react to cable faults for fault identification and fault pre-location. We have made substantial investment in new test equipment and employ trained and accredited test engineers.
- Fibre Optic – Termination (splicing) and OTDR testing of multicore subsea fibre optic cable within various enclosures / joints such as BUDI-M, BUDI-S, Prysmian & subsea enclosures. Comprehensive reports and native files are provided for the client.
- Maintenance and Inspections – Approved technicians execute planned maintenance and wind turbine inspections specific to the client's requirements.
- Proactive Solutions – Delivery project documentation, safe systems of work and maintenance requirements for potential scenarios before they happen based on specific sites to support your asset management program.
- Project Support – Experienced project support staff specialising in offshore wind, providing risk assessments, method statements, drafting project documentation and templates using traditional methods and app-based methods. Day to day works management, document control, test reports and daily reporting documentation.
- Cable Pull-in Services – Provision of rigging teams for pre-rigging, cable stripping, basic testing and cable pull-in. Adapting this service to best meet the need of the customer, installation sequence and speed of cable pull-in, optimising the Pull-in teams, vessel time and subsequent termination teams’ scope.
- Civil Engineering – Utilising MGL Group companies for excavation, duct installation, Transition Bay and Joint Bay construction including concrete foundations and earth mats. Scaffold and scaffold shrink wrapping for jointing habitats and re-instatement works with own plant.